Please select one of the following topics for details:
If you need additional image format conversion features not found in these product descriptions, please . We can provide , or to match your project requirements. Please see our and sections for more information.
The ImageToolbox feature set is designed for projects that need to:
- Deal with large numbers of images, such as image conversion projects moving images into or out of an IBM based image solution.
- Provide image import or export capabilities under program control for on the fly conversions.
- Perform bulk image conversion for periodic transfer between TIFF based and IBM based image systems.
- Convert from one compression method to another to:
- Decrease long term storage requirements.
- Allow incompatibly compressed images to load into legacy applications.
- Convert images stored on legacy systems for on the fly viewing.
- Compress uncompressed images to lower network bandwidth requirements.
- Convert images to JPEG or PNG for display on web pages.
- Print images on demand.
The features provided to do this are:
- Split and merge functions to handle multiple page image files.
- Changing image compression from one type to another.
- Modifying the resolution of images.
- Color promotion and reduction options.
- Maximum image width and height for use on web pages (JPEG and PNG only).
- Print to any installed Windows printer driver.
There are two different versions of the ImageToolbox available to meet your conversion requirements. If your project requirements change in the future, upgrading from the Silver to Gold version is a very straightforward process.
The ImageToolbox Silver has features which:
- Convert TIFF image files to MODCA or IOCA files.
- Convert MODCA or IOCA image files to TIFF files.
- Convert MODCA or IOCA image files with JPEG compressed images to single page JPEG files.
- Append one or multiple page TIFF image files to a single MODCA file.
Flexible file splitting and naming options are controlled using the toolbox APIs.
The Gold version of the ImageToolbox contains all the features of the Silver product, plus it adds support for translation of image compression formats. These APIs decompress the image data and enable you to customize the image before saving or printing it.
The ImageToolbox Gold provides the following features not found in the Silver product:
- Specialized TIFF to MODCA / IOCA file translation functions, including file appending to create multiple page MODCA files.
- Specialized MODCA / IOCA to TIFF file translation functions.
- Resolution modification of each image during translation to a specified horizontal and vertical resolution value.
- IBM PTOCA file support with PTOCA Overlay merging. Configuration settings allow you to recreate the original document.
- Batch print image files with flexible printing options which allow output file naming under program control using most Windows printer drivers.
- Read many bitonal and color image file formats.
- Write popular image formats using a variety of compression methods.
- Automatic color promotion/reduction to match the output file format.
- Configurable color reduction options convert color images to bitonal.
- Limit output image width and height for accurate placement on web pages (JPEG and PNG only).
Flexible file splitting, combining and naming options are controlled using the toolbox APIs.
If your image conversion project changes to an image translation project,
the switch to the translation APIs is very straightforward. The API
function calls are almost identical, requiring only function name changes
and the addition of parameters specifying source and output compression
Why should you use the ImageToolbox for your image conversion requirements?
- Runs as a DLL for use by your program. All options and functions are controlled by your program, and all error conditions are reported back to your program. The ImageToolbox does not display Alert or Message boxes so your program controls the error handling and messages to the user.
- Program APIs and documentation are in English, but since there is no user interface, it can be used for projects developed in any language.
- Easily installed with your program:
- Only one or two DLL files supply all the conversion features.
- No INI files or registry entries are created.
- All temporary files are well documented.
- The product is not subject to any export restrictions.
The ImageToolbox is a 32 bit application which runs under any version of Microsoft Windows which supports these applications (Win 95 and up, and Win NT 3.51 and up). All APIs are written as C functions that can be called by 32 bit programs written in languages which can call DLL functions such as C, C++ and Visual Basic.