Technology Competence Center for Financial Services
Opus Software Solutions Incorporated
Innovative and leading-edge information technology is at the heart of all our solutions. We leverage our technological capabilities to solve complex customer challenges, be it accelerating innovation in products, delivering superior customer service or migrating legacy applications to newer technologies.
Many organizations around the world have complex IT infrastructures that incorporate legacy, new and emerging technologies. This calls for expertise across a broad spectrum of platforms, programming methodologies and architectural paradigms.
The Opus Technology Competence Center brings together diverse capabilities and skills sets to ensure that we stay ahead of the technology curve, and so do our customers. The Technology Competence Center helps customers create technology road maps, architect enterprise applications and integrate heterogeneous systems
How Opus can help your organization
- Provide you with one-stop access to cutting-edge expertise across technologies, platforms, methodologies and toolsets
- Meet your diverse application with the latest technology, making sure that you are ahead of the curve
Our expertise spans technologies and platforms, frameworks and components, design and programming methodologies and architectural paradigms and toolsets.
Technologies and platforms:
Platforms: Windows, Unix (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux), Tandem, AS/400
- Web Technologies: Rich Internet Applications- Web 2.0
- Web/App Servers: Tandem iTP, IIS,Websphere, Weblogic,Pramati
- Mobile/WAP: Integrated with multiple mobile operators to enable C2C funds transfer.
- Java Technologies: JAVA/J2EE/Struts/JSP
- Microsoft Technologies: .NET (C#, ASP.NET), VC++, COM, ActiveX
- Open Technologies: LAMP (Linux, Apache, MYSQL, PHP/ Perl), Ruby
- Borland C++, Lexx, Yakk, Ruby, COBOL, Foxpro
- Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, SQLite
Proprietary and standard frameworks and infrastructural components
- Messaging frameworks and middleware
- Implemented messaging between diverse applications, across multiple platforms (Windows, multiple flavors of Unix, Tandem), using a range of network protocols and inter-process communications (COM, Pathsend, Message Queues)
- System integration involving multiple vendors/ destinations. We have built frameworks to reduce time to integrate with multiple systems, and have worked on middleware such as Tuxedo, TIBCO, Sonic, MSMQ, IBM MQ Series.
- Object Relational Models (ORM)
- Conceived and built a C++ object relationship mapping framework. The framework helped in defining and manipulating business objects, leading to quicker application development.
- Extensive knowledge of ORM tools like Hibernate, NHibernate
- Security/ Access Control/ Single Sign-on
- Extensive knowledge of Authentication infrastructure such as JAAS, Active Directory and LDAP
- Implemented single sign on for our toolsets with LDAP.
- Built trading systems that work across timezones, currencies and locations.
- Data warehousing
- Microsoft OLAP, Sybase IQ, SAS, NCR Teradata
- Performance/ stress Testing
- Leveraged stress test toolsets such as Eclipse TPT, Winrunner, Silk Performer, WAST, JMeter
Design and programming methodologies and architectural paradigms
- Traditional client/server
- Three-Tier Web/App
- Developed several three-tier applications for online trading, customer care and business intelligence systems
- Distributed Architecture
- Deployed highly distributed applications that run over a large number of servers and cater to millions of transactions; implemented load balancing, fault tolerance and failover/ recovery mechanisms across the servers.
- Configuration management/ source Control: Clearcase, VSS, Starteam, Subversion, CVS
- Project Management: Whizible, Microsoft Project Server
- Testing Tools: WAST, SQA Robot, QA Run, WinRunner, Load runner, Empirix E-tester
- Design tools: Visio, Visual Modeler, Rational Rose
- Code Profilers/ coverage: Purify, MPatrol
- Build: ANT, Maven