The free print logging program
PaperCut™ Print Logger is a free print logging application for Windows systems designed
to provide real-time activity logs detailing all printer use. Information tracked includes:
- the time of print,
- the name of the user who printed,
- the total number of pages,
- document names and titles,
- other print job attributes such as paper size, color mode and more.
Print audit logs are available in a viewer friendly HTML format, or in CSV or Excel format for advanced users needing the
data for further analysis.
- 100% free!
- Easy to use HTML interface.
Now available in English, French,
- Monitor printing on all major printer makes and models.
- Real-time print logs ensure data is always current and live.
- Printer usage logs are available in Microsoft Excel format allowing for detailed print analysis and charting.
- Compatible with both desktop and server versions of Microsoft Windows print queues.
- Unobtrusive - no need to modify the printing process or configure printers differently.
Windows download for all languages.
Why is PaperCut Print Logger free?
Can I install PaperCut Print Logger on my server and monitor all network printing?
If your server is set up to host print queues and workstations print to these shared queues, then installing
PaperCut Print Logger on the server will monitor all printing. Computers with individually attached desktop
printers will need Print Logger installed locally if monitoring these printers is desired. Consider PaperCut NG if
you require centralized logging from multiple systems.
Do you provide support for PaperCut Print Logger?
Because Print Logger is a free application, we're not able to provide official support. If however you have a quick
question, please feel free to contact support and our developers will do their best to help you out.
By default, Print Logger will ignore and not monitor printing on most popular virtual printers.
Printers can be ignored by defining the printer's name in the
IgnoredPrinters setting in the
configuration file located at:
C:\Program Files\PaperCut Print Logger\print-logger.conf
Remember to restart the PaperCut Print Logger Service in Control Panel -> Services to apply this change.
I notice you offer solutions for Apple Mac and Linux. Why is Print Logger only available for Windows?
Are you planning any new features?
Does Print Logger support Microsoft Cluster/Failover Server?
Can I use the data for reporting?
The raw print log data recorded is available in a Microsoft Excel format. You may be able to use many
of the features of Excel or a similar program to summarize and construct reports. If you're after pre-built reporting
features, please consider PaperCut NG.
Where can I find the download?
The latest version of PaperCut Print Logger can always be downloaded from the "Download Now" link at the top of this
page on www.papercut.com .
What are the different platforms supported by PaperCut Print Logger?
PaperCut Print Logger supports the print spooler service running on the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (any edition)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (any edition)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (any edition)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (any edition)
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (Pro and Server)
- Microsoft Windows XP (any edition)
What languages is PaperCut Print Logger available in?
PaperCut Print Logger is available in: