Self Development Academy
Charter School, Public Charter School, A+ charter school
What Makes Self Development Academy different from other Arizona charter schools?
1 SDA is ranked top 10 among all Arizona schools for the amount a student learns at the school in a given academic year. (www.azcharters.org/successmeasured)
2. SDA is an accelerated program that teaches one grade level above Arizona standards and relies on high international standards. SDA’s percentage of passing the Arizona State Standardized tests surpasses the Arizona average. (Note: 100% of students at SDA are tested).
3. SDA provides a well-rounded curriculum with hands-on learning opportunities including science labs, violin and percussions lessons, literary analysis, Spanish and Latin, and technology integration. To further challenge our gifted and talented students, SDA implements an enrichment program, the Six-Years-in-Four-Years Program, also known as the SIF Program. The SIF program helps students save up to two years of schooling.
4. SDA balances academics with socialization, leadership, and service to others through Student Council, Math Counts, Science Bowl, and Dance Club.
5. SDA's emphasis on physical fitness exceeds the regular physical education program. Students are encouraged to participate in an after school sports club.
6. SDA's approach to small group "pull outs" provides an opportunity for students to master the concepts and hone their creative and critical thinking skills.
7 SDA's faculty and staff take pride in providing a caring and nurturing environment where all students respect others as well as themselves.
A+ charter school
, Charter School
, Public Charter School