WHAT IS A TYPICAL LESSON LIKE?
Beginning Piano Studio: Piano Practice, Performance, Theory & Practical Application
- Arrive and get your things out
- Warm-ups: trills, scales, 5 finger patterns, thirds, octaves, etc.
- Did you have trouble on your assignments this week? If so, we'll go directly to that.
- Demonstration of all pieces while working on any problems
- Assignment and demonstration, practice and special directions for each piece.
- Theory check and new assignment. Complete as needed.
- As time permits, review of flashcards, ear training and so forth.
- Music Lab (either before or after the lesson as fits in with the students around you) - 15-20 minutes of independent study: musical computer games to support what we are working on, read books about music, composers, music history and so forth, listen to music as supports what we are working on, complete any missed theory assignments, review of flashcards if needed.
Contact Beginning Piano Studio: Piano Practice, Performance, Theory & Practical Application
Print this page