Divorce / Dissolution of Marriage

Divorce / Dissolution of Marriage from Drury Pullen Law

By: Drury Pullen Law  11/06/2014
Keywords: Divorce Law

This action can be filed by a married person to end the marital relationship between a husband and wife. Along with restoring the parties to single status, the Court can issue orders for custody and visitation of the minor children of the marriage, child support, spousal support, and confirm or divide community and separate property assets and debts. Once an action is filed by a Petitioner, the other party, Respondent, must be personally served with specific paperwork. If the Respondent fails to file the necessary responding paperwork within thirty (30) days of service, the Petitioner may request an entry of default. Once the default is entered, the Petitioner can complete the divorce proceeding without the participation of the Respondent. If the Respondent files the necessary responding paperwork, the case will then proceed as either a contested matter or an uncontested matter. The action is considered contested if the parties are unable to agree on some or all issues and the unresolved issues must be resolved by the Court. The action is considered uncontested if the parties are able to cooperate and agree on all issues outside of Court and the matter can proceed to its conclusion by submitting the necessary signed paperwork for the Court’s signature. Learn more here: http://drurypullenlaw.com/family-law/divorce/

Keywords: Divorce Law

Other products and services from Drury Pullen Law

Divorce Mediation from Drury Pullen Law thumbnail

Divorce Mediation

If you feel that you may have a potential case pertaining to family law please call (805) 879-7523 or visit our website to email us and have an attorney contact you about your case.

FAMILY LAW from Drury Pullen Law thumbnail


The decisions you make in divorce and family law proceedings can affect you the rest of your life. Why trust