That movie set took the whole team weeks of designing and putting together. There were even times when sleep seemed to be a luxury because you had to make sure that the whole thing would be complete by the given deadline. After all, this is a movie set that we are talking about.
Now that filming in this location has already been finished, the producers inform you that you need to transfer the whole set to another location. Wow. Imagine all the thoughts running through your head right now. You have to make sure that the whole thing is brought to this new (and very far) location.
How do you do that? Read on and learn about the seven steps that you must take to ensure that studio transportation is done and done well.
1. Make a list of companies that you would like to consider to do the job. Yes, you have to do this. After all, you surely cannot haul everything by yourself. Even if you ask the help of the whole team, the entire thing would not be accomplished. You need the help of a company that focuses on movie set transportation. They would do that job for you. Make a list of all the companies you think should do the job well.
2. Do your research. After making a list, do a good research about these companies. Take out all those that have a bad reputation or those which you may think should not work well.
3. Compare and contrast packages and prices. These movie vehicle transportation companies have packages and prices that they could offer you. Go through these and see which ones are the best offers. You should be able to shorten that list into three to five companies.
4. Contact those on your shortlist. Once you have a shortlist, go through each one and . Ask them your questions and see how they handle your inquiries. It should help you gauge the best one to deal with. It should also help you find that one company which will do the transportation for you.
5. Do not forget to provide specific instructions. Once you have decided on a company, make a deal with them and go through with the transaction. Do not forget to provide all of your very specific instructions on the whole movie set.
6. Pack all the materials. Be very careful when you pack them. The company should be able to do that for you if you choose to. But it is best that you have a say in how you want things done.
7. Label everything. should also help a lot when it comes to unpacking. It should also help you put the whole set a lot faster as compared to if everything did not come with labels.
Ron Morgan is the market representative for Pyramid Logistics. Pyramid Logistics specializes in , , mobile exhibit tours and electronic transportation services that are responsibly priced, timely, efficient, damage free and in conformity with the highest industry standards.