Trade show transportation is a very essential part of the whole thing. If you believe you can haul all your exhibit materials and trade show displays to and fro in your vehicle, then good for you. However, most people who do join trade shows choose to go with a company who specializes in tradeshow services. This is because it does a lot of hard work to put together an exhibit and it usually is made up of a huge number of materials that could not fit comfortably in your vehicle.
If you have gone and tried to get tradeshow transportation, try to think back about how you went about with it. Because usually, people make a lot of with it. Here are the seven common mistakes that happens when it comes to this:
· You choose to haul everything in your pickup truck. Yes, a pickup truck can haul a lot of things. However, it is not the most reliable form of transportation for a trade show exhibit. It can only do so much. And it is not designed to properly move all of your hard work.
· You do not hire a company early. The problem with not choosing a company earlier is that you get to pick the only company that is available and is not booked. However, come to think of it, companies that offer such services and are not fully booked during trade show season must be doing something wrong for customers not to choose them. Would you like to trust the rejects?
· You do not check a company’s background or profile. It is essential that you do all that you must to know about the company that you are going to trust. Just because it has a lot of ads does not necessarily mean that it is a good one. Take the time to do your research and look into what they have to offer and what they have done in the past.
· You do not provide your requirements. Be very specific about what you need when it comes to tradeshow transportation. Tell the company all the important details and also about the kind of care that is needed to transport your materials. This would allow them to prepare for that.
· You just choose the first company that offers such services. When buying a car, do you simply choose the first one that is offered to you at the dealership? This is the same thing principle when it comes to choosing which company to trust for this job.
· You do not keep the documents given to you for the transaction. These documents are very important. . These would be your reference in case anything happens.
· You agree to all terms without understanding them. Learn to read everything and understand what is in them before agreeing. You may be caught in an agreement saying that they would not be responsible for any damage done to your materials. Oh you wouldn’t want that.
Ron Morgan is the market representative for Pyramid Logistics. Pyramid Logistics specializes in , , mobile exhibit tours and electronic transportation services that are responsibly priced, timely, efficient, damage free and in conformity with the highest industry standards.