Spring Creek Dental
Preventive Care, dental cleanings
A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by Dr. Kaines, Dr. Cosper or Dr. Schaefer at your initial dental visit. Your initial exam will typically last about one hour and include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
We are committed to educating you about your health care options and working together to meet your individual needs and goals. We are here for YOUR health and we want you involved in the process.
, Preventive Care