Making Brushing Fun for Kids
Teeth Cleaning, Dentist Florida, sage dental
If you ever have trouble motivating your child to brush his or her teeth, fret not: we will help!
Obviously trying to explain the health benefits to a young child isn’t the way to go. They won’t understand the reasoning, so let us help you come up with a more kid-friendly and fun way to get those teeth to sparkle.
- Lead by example. Brush your teeth WITH your child. Kids love to imitate adults, so when you brush, they’ll brush!
- Think like a kid. Choose a child-friendly toothpaste to make the chore more pleasurable. Buying a brightly colored or designed toothbrush will make teeth brushing more fun and appealing.
- It’s not wrong to use bribery. What child doesn’t like rewards? Instead of trying to reason with facts, try to negotiate with a fun reward. A weekly teeth brushing chart with gold stars or perhaps that new Play Station game or trip to the water park is the incentive they need.
- Children thrive on routine. Establishing a clear routine (think of how easily and effortlessly you do certain things at certain times of the day) will help your child realize that brushing is a typical day to day activity. For example, if dinner, bath, pajamas, and story time is the known routine, add teeth brushing along will normalize it.
- Let them be apart of your routine, too. If your child wants to brush YOUR teeth, let them! You can even take turns brushing each other’s teeth, which will make the entire process fun for both of you.
, making brushing fun for kids
, sage dental
, Teeth Cleaning
, teeth extraction florida