Goodwin Law, P.A.
Estate Planning Attorney, Estate Planning Lawyer
Estate Planning is one way for you to take charge of your future by documenting your financial assets and health care choices while you are able. Estate planning is not only for the elderly or the wealthy, it is for anyone who wishes to make his choices legally effective.
Can you answer the following questions with absolute certainty?
- Who will make your health care decisions if you are unable to make them?
- Do you know what would happen legally – to you, your loved ones, your money – if something unexpected happened to you?
- Who will sign legal documents for you if you are ill, incompetent or unable?
- Will your doctors follow your wishes regarding end of life care?
- Who will be granted custody of your minor children?
- Who will receive your assets when you die?
Estate Planning is one way to remove any uncertainty to your answers. Through a series of documents, you will ensure that your wishes are memorialized in a legally sufficient and binding way.
1. Last Will and Testament
memorializes your decision regarding how your assets will be distributed at your death
2. Durable Power of Attorney
authorizes designated person to execute legal documents on your behalf if you are unable
3. Living Will
memorializes your decisions regarding end of life medical care
4. Designation of Health Care Surrogate
authorizes designated person to make health care decisions for you if you are unable
5. Declaration of Pre-Need Guardian
memorializes your choices for guardianship of you, your assets and your children
6. Medical Records Privacy Waiver
authorizes medical personnel to release information regarding your health to designated person
Estate Planning Attorney
, Estate Planning Lawyer