Back to School Safety Tips: Are Your Children Safe?
School, Security, Surveillance
The summer is coming to an end and it is that time of the year to send your children back to school. You expect school to be a loving place where children can make new friends, learn new things, and feel as safe as they do at home. While this is the case for most, there are some important safety tips that parents and children should review before the school year starts.
Just a few tips:
1. Do not write your child’s name on their backpack or clothing. This allows strangers to call your child by name, creating a more likely scenario for your child to approach them.
2. Have your child walk to the bus stop with a friend if possible. If your child must walk alone, stress the importance of not talking to strangers.
3. Make sure to come to a complete stop in your vehicle if a bus is stopped and kids are exiting. Vehicles on both sides of the street must stop!
4. Let your child know that they can talk to you about ANYTHING. If there is any bullying or inappropriate behavior occurring, you want to be a comforting source they can go to.
5. Make sure your child knows your phone number, address, and to dial 911 in the event of an emergency. Placing your number on speed dial is beneficial, but your child should be able to dial the number manually in case an unforeseen instance occurs.
These tips along with others can help keep children safe, but the efforts should not stop there. Additional measures can be taken to ensure the safety of children and adults alike...
For the full article please visit: https://www.scishot.com/blog/post/Are-Your-Children-Safe.aspx
, crime reporting
, Law Enforcement & Public
, Public Safety
, Security Guard
, Security Officers