Beginner Kiteboarding Lesson
Maui Kitesurfing School
Kiteboarding, Kite Surfing, Kiteboarding Lessons
Beginner Kiting Lesson
Time: 3 hours of Professional Instruction
When: All year long. Reserve your lesson in advance to ensure availability.
Where: Located in Kahului, Maui at world renown Kite Beach
If you’ve never kiteboarded before than this will be your first chance to feel the raw power of a kite. You will have a 1:1 student to teacher ratio. You and your instructor will go over the following kiteboard skills, so you can learn how to do this extreme sport safely:
1. Setup Your Kiteboard Gear - Setting up your equipment is extremely important. It can mean the difference between a happy kite session on the water or an unhappy one in the hospital. We will spend plenty of time on making sure you get this part right because we want you safe!
2. Wind-Windows, Self-Rescue, & Other Kiteboard Knowledge - Your instructor will go into detail on how to fly your kite, what to do if you're a mile offshore and you break a line, and other essential skills that will make your kiteboarding experience fun and safe.
3. Fly A Trainer Kite - If you haven't had the chance to fly a trainer kite, your instructor may have you fly one for about 10 minutes before you fly a power kite. We do this because it makes flying a power kite safer, but it also makes you learn faster.
4. Launch & Land A Power Kite - Your instructor will show you how to launch and land a power kite. This entails learning hand signals, knowing where to position yourself if you're the kite flyer or kite catcher, and when to let go or catch the kite.
5. Fly A Power Kite With Assistance - You will fly the power kite with the assistance of your instructor. Your instructor will show you how to control the kite with just a push and pull of the wrist.
6. Fly The Kite Solo - Once you've mastered flying the kite assisted, you're instructor will let you fly the kite by yourself. Your instructor will be right there with you if you need help.
7. Body Drag - This will be your first chance to feel the raw power of the kite. You will experience this by body dragging in the water well away from land and other obstacles. Your instructor will be dragging with you the enitre time until you feel comfortable to take over completely.
8. Solo Body Drag Upwind- After you feel comfortable body dragging with your instructor, you will have the chance to drag without him. This part is essential before you get a hold of the board.
9. Board Drags - You will get the board, but you will learn to drag with it. Once you can stay upwind with the board, this is when its time to water start.
10. Water Starts - You will be shown how and where to position your kite and board, so you can easily get up and start riding.
"Kiting.com Gives The Best Kiteboard Lessons. These Guys Make Kiteboarding Fun! " (Dan Burns, Maui HI)
All lessons are by appointment. We will take reservations the day of the lesson or up to a year in advance. All lessons are subject to weather conditions, of course. If the weather is not suitable for your lesson, it will be postponed until conditions are right for your lesson. There is no charge for lessons canceled due to bad weather. Reservations are recommended, especially if you request a specific instructor.
, KITE SHOP
, Kite Stores
, Kite Surfing
, Kiteboarding Equipment
, Kiteboarding Gear
, Kiteboarding Kites
, Kiteboarding Lessons
, Kiteboarding Shop
, Kites & Gliders
, Kites For Kids
, Kites Retail
, kitesurfing equipment
, Kitesurfing Gear
, Kitesurfing Lessons
, Kitesurfing School
, Power Kites
, Single Line Kites
, Small Kite
, sport kites
, Stunt Kites
, Traction Kites