How To Start A Tax Preparation Service

How To Start A Tax Preparation Service from America's Tax Office

By: America's Tax Office  06/17/2014
Keywords: Tax Preparation Services, Tax Service Offices, International Tax Preparation

First things first, before you can get your business off the ground there are two very important things you will need to start tax preparer training. These two things that you need are a Preparer’s Tax Identification Number (“PTIN”) and in order to electrically file tax returns, you must acquire an Electric Filing Identification Number (“EFIN”). Preparer’s Tax Identification Number is an identification number that all paid tax return preparers must use on U.S. federal tax returns submitted to the Internal Revenue Service. You can obtain a PTIN online at a cost of $64.25 per year. Electronic Filing Identification Number is a number assigned by the IRS to an individual admitting that person into IRS eservices and authorizing that individual to electronically file tax returns. There is no cost, but you are required to submit fingerprints and agree to a background check. If you encounter any problems, the experts at America’s Tax Office will work with you to identify a solution.

Keywords: EFIN, International Tax Preparation, IRS Registration, Tax Preparation Services, Tax Return Preparation Franchise, Tax Service Offices,

Other products and services from America's Tax Office

Tax Training from America's Tax Office thumbnail

Tax Training

America’s Tax Office will train you one-on-one, you will not be forced into a cattle call. A step-by-step process of