Dr. Vernon Sheen, DDS
Bridges, Porcelain Crowns, Implant Dentist
Dental implants are currently the standard of care for replacing missing or broken teeth. They are a permanent and natural looking solution that restores form and function to smiles, and have quickly become the treatment of choice for people who want to eat, laugh and smile with confidence.
Annapolis dentist, Dr. Vernon Sheen has extensive training and experience in both single tooth replacement and full mouth reconstruction. And although he provides patients with alternative restoration options, no other treatment replicates the quality and durability of natural teeth like dental implants.
Dental implants are replacement tooth roots. The dental implant is a bio-compatible titanium post, which serves as an anchor for a replacement tooth (dental crown). The procedure is minimally invasive with easy recovery and the most natural and permanent solution to tooth loss.
Benefits to Dental Implants
With a success rate of up to 98%, there are many benefits to tooth implants:
- Appearance - Dental implants look and feel natural.
- Improved Speech and Easier Eating - Dental implants are permanent and therefore do not slip when speaking or eating.
- Durability - With good oral hygiene, dental implants can last a lifetime
- Improved oral health - Because dental implants don"t require remaining teeth to be compromised, your own teeth are left intact.
- Comfortable - Unlike removable dentures, dental implants are permanent and fit perfectly.
An implant supported denture is used when a person does not have any teeth in the jaw, but has enough bone to support an implant. While regular dentures sit on the gums, implant supported dentures are attached to dental implants. These types of teeth implants are usually made for the lower jaw, as regular dentures tend to be less stable there, but can be made for the upper jaw as well.
Implant supported dentures are commonly known as "Teeth in a Day" and "All on Four" because as little as four implants can be used to install a full set of replacement teeth and the procedure can be done in a single visit.
, Dental Cleaning
, Dental Exams
, Dental Exams & Cleanings
, Dental X-rays
, Implant Dentist
, Porcelain Crowns