Harford Lower Extremity Specialists
Heel Pain, Plantar Fasciitis, Arch Pain
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy
• ESWT successfully treats chronic heel pain, which is associated with Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles Tendonitis.
• ESWT is an effective alternative to surgery.
• ESWT produces an “acute or new” injury to treat a “chronic or persistent” condition. The therapy triggers the body’s own repair mechanisms resulting in increased blood flow and the formation of new blood vessels, which is called “Neovascularization”.
• ESWT successfully reduces the chronically inflamed tissue structures associated with heel pain. This makes it crucial that you do not take anti-inflammatory medication as it will reverse the action of the ESWT. Cosamin ASU is a natural product which can act as an anti-inflammatory and will not reverse the action of the ESWT and is approved to help with pain.
• There have been numerous studies over the last 15 years showing the effectiveness of ESWT as a valuable, non-surgical treatment for chronic heel pain associated with Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles Tendonitis.
, Heel Pain
, Plantar Fasciitis
Contact Harford Lower Extremity Specialists
Print this page