Mighty Oak Floors
Prefinished flooring is gaining in popularity across the globe. Prefinished flooring differs from unfinished in that it has already been finished at the factory, thus obviating the need to sand and refinish the product on-site! In many cases, this provides a big savings in time and convenience! Typically, several coats of Aluminum Oxide are baked onto the individual planks at the manufacturer, providing a floor ready to be installed after a brief acclimation period in the home. Aluminum Oxide is a harder and more durable finish than typical polyurethanes and prefinished floors are usually sold with long luster guarantees (some up to 50 years). Prefinished flooring is now outselling unfinished by a 10 to1 ratio owing mainly to these factors:
• Furniture can be shuffled from one area to another and immediately be put back without emptying the entire living space.
• Can be walked on immediately (glue down next day).
• Has no odor from chemical stains or finish coat.
• Has a tremendous variety of species (domestic and exotic).
• Can be more cost effective and logistically less complicated for home owners.
• Available in solid, engineered, floating, click, bamboo, cork and laminates.