A global supplier of laboratory equipment based in New York, Block Scientific offers a wide range of point of care analyzers from leading manufacturers. The company is offering the Abaxis Piccolo Xpress recertified with a 90-day parts warranty at a competitive price. This convenient and compact clinical chemistry system - just the size of a shoebox - is a great option for the on-site testing of patients.
The Piccolo Xpress is the only portable diagnostic device to offer a full complement of CLIA Waived blood chemistry tests at the point-of-care. It features advanced technology that uses centrifugal and capillary forces to mix diluent, reagents and sample in a self-contained, disposable disc that reduces procedural errors.
The instrument comes with the easily understandable color touch screen commands. It simultaneously checks reagent reactions utilizing nine wavelengths, calculates results from absorbance information, and reveals the results. The results can be transferred to a printer, LIS/EMR, or computer. Some of the key specifications and features of this POC analyzer include
- Menu features 31 blood chemistry tests - from liver, kidney and metabolic functions to lipids, electrolytes and other specialty analytes
- Small footprint measures 32.4 cm (12.75 in.) x 15.2 cm (6 in.) x 20.3 cm (8 in.)
- Portable and lightweight with carrying handle, only weighs 11.2 pounds
- Operator security capabilities limit non-user entry
- Bidirectional communication USB ports transmit data to external peripherals.
- Stores up to 5000 patient and control results on-board
- Peer reviewed studies support performance
The on-board intelligent Quality Control system performs continuous QC checks during the complete analytical process to ensure accuracy. The bar coded self-contained reagent discs are self-calibrating and monitor panel information.
Block Scientific offers both new and recertified instruments as well as reagents and consumables at competitive prices. The company is a reliable lab equipment purchase partner, and in addition to provide excellent post-sales support, also offers convenient reagent rental plans and leasing programs.
About Block Scientific
Block Scientific, an established global supplier of laboratory equipment based in New York offers a wide variety of high quality laboratory equipment such as analyzers, microscopes, co-oximeters, incubators, centrifuges, balances, and much more. To learn more about the company's products, services and special offers, visit www.blockscientificstore.com.
22 Sawgrass Drive
NY 11713 USA
Tel: 1-866-203-5777 (toll free)