Business Registration / Certificate of Authority

By: Insurance Licensing Services Of America, Inc.  02/05/2015
Keywords: Business Registration, Registered Agent, Business Compliance

All states require corporations, limited liability companies, or partnerships to secure a Certificate of Authority prior to conducting business in their state. In certain states, only after the Certificate of Authority is issued can the entity proceed with securing the agency’s nonresident license. Before beginning the application process, the state databases are researched in order to verify if the entity holds an existing Certificate of Authority or to verify name availability in the requested states. Specialists suggest satisfactory fictitious/assumed names where the entity’s true name is unacceptable to the Secretary of State. ILSA specialists compile and submit all necessary forms, supporting documentation, and payment. When required, ILSA provides the name and addresses for statutory representation (see Registered Agent). If the client wishes to do business in a state using a name other than their true name, we can process the application necessary to file the DBA. Our specialists follow up with the Secretary of State offices to ensure certificate issuance and will mail or email the certificate to the client immediately upon receipt.

Keywords: Agency Partnership, Business Compliance, Business Registration, Corporate name approval, corporate withdrawal, Corporation Set Up, insurace agency set up, Registered Agent, secretary of state registration,

Contact Insurance Licensing Services Of America, Inc.


Print this page

Other products and services from Insurance Licensing Services Of America, Inc.


Insurance Agent / Agency Appointments

ILSA submits requests to contracted insurance companies for authorization to sell in new states. ILSA specialists provide all required documents


Insurance License Renewal Services

Full Service: Automatic License Renewal ILSA renews licenses electronically to expedite the renewal process. If paper renewals are required, the


Annual Returns / Corporate Tax

ILSA, the best friend every insurance agency needs; they'll even help you when you move!


Surplus Lines Reporting & Tax Filing

ILSA, America's number one Surplus Lines Compliance service provider, offers filing solutions for insurance professionals nationwide.


Insurance Agent & Agency Licensing

ILSA , Unleashing Excellence as North America's Premier Full-Service Insurance Licensing & Compliance Service Provider,