Asia Pacific Launched By Ryan Aerospace

By: Ryan Aerospace  09/03/2015
Keywords: Air Cargo, Hiram Ryan, Ryan Aerospace,

How much do people know about the air cargo business? Here's a test. 1. What percentage of the world’s air cargo shipments are delivered by cargo-only aircraft? 2. What percentage, by weight, of the world’s international cargo is air cargo? By value? 3. What companies are the world’s top five air cargo carriers by weight? 4. What percentage of the revenues earned by the world’s top passenger airlines comes from cargo? 5. What’s the forecasted growth rate for the nation’s air cargo industry? The world’s air cargo industry? Hopefully, people taking this test won’t try to cheat. That means no Googling. And it means not phoning Ryan Aerospace to ask an employee the answers to these questions. Hiram Ryan, the chairman and chief executive officer of the company, might know the answers off the top of his head but he’s probably very busy working on the company’s primary objectives. Those objectives include acquiring a major aircraft manufacturing company and developing new innovative aircraft. Here are the answers to the test: 1. Cargo-only aircraft deliver about 60 percent of the world’s air cargo, according to the “Facts and Figures” section of the blog “Air Cargo -- How It Works.” The blog attributes the information to Boeing. Passenger planes “fly the other 40 percent in their bellies,” the blog reports. 2. This doesn’t sound right, but the “Air Cargo -- How It Works” blog reports that less than 0.5 percent of the weight of international cargo is air cargo. Obviously, trucks and freight trains can carry far more large assets than planes, but it's also true that the advantages of faster delivery should spur more companies to use planes. However, air cargo represents about 30 percent of the world’s cargo by value. 3. The No. 1 air cargo carrier in the world by weight is FedEx, according to an Air Cargo World chart entitled “Freight 50: The top 50 cargo carriers.” That answer might not be surprising. The fact that UPS Airlines is No. 2 also might not be surprising. However, people who knew that Emirates, Korean Air, and Cathay Pacific Airways are third, fourth, and fifth might be future contestants on the TV quiz show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" 4. A California Department of Transportation report on the air cargo industry says that smaller passenger airlines earn a higher percentage of their revenue from cargo than than the major airlines. Some smaller airlines earn more than 10 percent of their revenues from cargo, while the larger airlines typically earn 5 to 10 percent of their revenues from cargo. 5. The USA’s air cargo industry will grow 1.4 percent annually from 2014 to 2034, according to the Cargo Airline Association’s “Air Cargo Industry Overview” report. The world air cargo industry will grow much faster during the same time period -- 5.4 percent. Ryan Aerospace CEO Hiram Ryan will contact people who did well on the test in the next few days and offer them a job with his company. Just kidding!! Actually, Ryan Aerospace just wanted to communicate some interesting facts about the air cargo industry. Mr. Ryan hopes that people who read this article will consider contacting the company about their air cargo needs.

Keywords: Air Cargo, Hiram Ryan, Ryan Aerospace,