Paternity from Law Office of Jon R. Boyd

By: Law Office of Jon R. Boyd  01/08/2015
Keywords: paternity

If a child is born outside of marriage, a mother may want to legitimize her child and obtain child support from the father or a father may want to legitimize his child and guarantee his right to have custody of or a relationship with his child. If a proper court order is entered declaring someone the legal father of a child, it will almost certainly not be able to be changed later. Additionally, there may be a time limit on the ability to dispute or establish paternity. Not knowing your rights and duties in this area may have far-reaching and binding impact. Attorney Jon Boyd is able to guide you in this area. For qualified counsel regarding paternity issues in Plano, Collin County, or anywhere in North Texas, contact us now to schedule a free initial consultation.

Keywords: paternity

Contact Law Office of Jon R. Boyd

Email - none provided

Print this page

Other products and services from Law Office of Jon R. Boyd

Divorce from Law Office of Jon R. Boyd thumbnail


Divorce rates have hovered near the 50 percent mark for many years. With so many societal influences, not to mention

Visitation from Law Office of Jon R. Boyd thumbnail


Some parents will do anything to deny or limit the other parent’s ability to regularly visit and maintain a relationship


Child Support

Although in most cases the courts in Texas follow guidelines for setting child support, there may be and often are