How Will You Know Whether You Need to Repair or Replace a Roof?
Roofing Specialists Northwest
Roofing, Roofing Service, Replacement
Experts surely do not need much time to find out whether damage in the roof is serious enough for carrying out a replacement or is a minor one that can be managed easily by performing some repair works. The same cannot be said about homeowners, who are mostly laymen. The discussion below is meant for those laymen. Read on to know when you need to repair your roof and when replacement is the only viable option.
• If a few shingles of your roof has been blown away by strong winds or your roof has sustained minor damage after a branch fell on it, repairing the defects should be enough. Calling a Seattle roof repairing service provider is the most viable option even if you find some cracked tiles or loose nails in your roof.
• Often roofing shingles or sheets get curved upward exposing the decking beneath them. In such cases, you should take a decision only after checking the resultant damages carefully. Ideally, you should seek professional help for performing this job. If that’s not possible, find out whether the crevices have water logged in them; also, check the area for moss, algae and wood rot. Those are all signs indicating that going for a complete replacement would be wise. Sagging of the roof deck is another indicator of the fact that your roof should be replaced as soon as possible.
• If you find that your gutters are filled with crumbled shingles, you should not wait much before ordering a complete roof replacement. Shingles starts crumbling only when the roof is severely damaged. If you don’t take a quick decision of replacing the roof, a sudden storm or heavy rainfall can break the roof completely.
• Do you have plans of selling your house, but there are some problems with the roof? Ask yourself the following questions and decide whether you need to repair the roof or a replacement is necessary based on your answers.
1. When are you planning to sell your house? If the day is not too far away, go for a replacement as it would take less time than a repair.
2. How old is your roof? Roofs that are over 20 years of age should be replaced. This is because most roofs come with a warranty of 20 years.
3. Was the roof replaced or repaired before you bought the house? If your answer is yes and you know that the replacement or repair job was not done more than 20 years ago, hiring repair services should be enough for you; but you should consult an expert before taking the final decision. However, if you don’t have any information about such repair or replacement jobs, getting the roof replaced is the best option.
4. Replacement is also the best option you have if you stay in an area with extreme weather conditions. This is because the longevity of roofs in such places is usually much less than those in areas with moderate weather conditions.
For Seattle and Bellevue homeowners roofingspecialistsnw.com is trusted place for roofing services.
, roof repair Seattle
, roofing bellevue
, Roofing Service
, Rooging Seattle